One month into our leap year, we have some reflections on full-time travel. In no particular order:
- We don’t miss our stuff at all. In fact, there are a few things we’d take off our packing list.
- Other people are more hard core than us, like this family of three driving across Central and South America and camping in their VW van.
- It’s hard to find other young travelers. We miss our friends and family who aren’t here. We need to figure out how to make friends.
- It doesn’t cost much money to live.
- It’s helpful to know local people who can recommend places to eat, where to do your laundry, upcoming local events, etc.
- We love Mexican food, but miss having more diverse food options.
- Volunteering is really rewarding and we’d like to do it more often.
- We miss sitting in an office every day. Psych. So we’re doing some thinking about what else would both challenge us and have meaning.
- A slower pace of life suits us well. It’s nice to be able to take the time to appreciate little things, like this: