It’s our last week in San Martín de los Andes. We’ll soon go from this quiet mountain town to a humming urban metropolis: Buenos Aires.
The time always goes too fast. We’ll miss being nestled in between green mountains and we’re sad we’ll miss the colors of autumn. Some of the trees are starting to change, but they’re supposed to be really red-orange and spectacular later on.
A potpourri of updates:
- Chris has some exciting news: he’s found a location-independent job! All of his work learning SEO is paying off and I’m very proud. Now I just need to sell/write more books and we may be able to keep traveling forever…
- We’re still on the lookout for potential house sitting assignments. Every day, we get an email with the latest assignments, but so far the timing and/or locations haven’t been in line with what we’re looking for.
- Our friends here in San Martín welcomed their new baby, Tomás. ¡Felicidades! We haven’t met him yet, but hopefully will soon.
- This week I’m reviewing scholarship applications for one of my favorite programs, the Maisin Scholar Award. This is my fifth year as a reviewer. I like it because the award isn’t based on grades, but rather how much students really want an education.
- We finally started watching House of Cards and we’re almost done with the first season. I have only two words: Peter Russo. I think we’ll watch the second season on the bus to Buenos Aires.
Lastly, some inspiration:
(Image credit: Escape the City)